Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Monday, March 3, 2008
We begin by removing the factory air intake tube from the throttle body on the engine and the air box on the fender well. Two clamps are the only items that secure the rubber hose.
The stock air box lifts out easily once you've removed the screws that attach it to the fender well.
We raised the car on a lift to access the lower air intake and muffler (yes, muffler) Acura installed to keep air intake sound to a minimum. The tube attaches to the muffler and the muffler is held in place with a few screws.
Here is the first piece of the new Cold Air Intake system. This tube will have the air filter attached to it in the fender and this is where the cold air will come from. You'll need to feed the tube up into the engine compartment where it is held in place with a large nut.
With the lower pipe in place we installed the new high-flow air filter next. It'll reside up in the fender where it will be somewhat protected from the elements. However, if you live in a particularly wet environment prone to significant rain, you should consider relocating it directly in the engine compartment as a large amount of ingested water can damage the engine.
The second pipe is installed next. A urethane connector allows you to attach the pipe to the throttle body where it's held in place with two clamps, one for the throttle body and one for the pipe.
Here is the urethane sleeve connector for the upper and lower pipes. Before securing the lower pipe with the flange and nut we made sure our connection to the upper pipe was secure.
Here is the flashy finished product. You'll immediately notice the air intake sound since it's a noticeable growl over stock. Most power will be achieved at higher rpm where additional air is needed most.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
What’s so great about a cold air intake and why would I want one on my vehicle? The answers are really quite simple. A cold air intake is a system to bring down the temperature of the air going into a car for the purpose of increasing the power of your engine. Cold air is much denser then warm, humid air. Since this is true, cooler or cold air holds more oxygen for any given amount. Therefore, the more oxygen going into an engine equals the more powerfull the combustion. Thus, you’re getting more horsepower with the same or better fuel economy. Check out our cold air intake system brands in our awesome performance accessory catalog. These cold air intakes are guaranteed to be the very best on the market. You’ll get the added torque and horse power you crave when you install any of our cold air intake system brands. You can expect a 8-25 horsepower gain depending on the application. We’ve got a huge selection of cold air intake systems in stock and ready to ship. What’s also great is that you’ll find these cold air intake systems are easy to install by yourself!
Injen Cold Air Intake
|They stock Injen cold air intakes for all makes and model cars, trucks and SUV's. If you can't find the Injen cold air intake you need in Injen's performance parts catalog just call them toll free.|
A cold air intake is a system used to bring down the temperature of the air going into a car for the purpose of increasing the power of the internal-combustion engine. A secondary goal is to increase the appeal of a car by changing the appearance of a car's engine bay and creating an attractive intake noise. These aftermarket parts come in many different colors and many different sizes.
Injen Cold Air Intake system (RS-Series)
Injen Technology offers five elite lines of Cold Air Intakes and Short Rams, each offering a superior tweak to performance induction. No matter which series is available for your vehicle, rest assured that it offers the most dramatic gains in horsepower and torque while still providing exceptional engine longevity. Each intake has been dyno tested to insure maximum gains and a safe a/f ratio.
- SP Series - All SP series intakes are manufactured using Injen's unique MR Technology. MR technology is a means of restricting the intake in a strategic location and maximizing airflow in other strategic points in order to supply maximum amount of air through the intake manifold while getting maximum injection from the fuel supply in order to hit peak, optimal gains. Unlike any other intake on the market, SP series intakes are tuned. Injen is the only manufacturer that offers vehicle, engine, and ecu specific tuning. Not only will the a/f ration be optimal, it will be safe on your engine. Most cold air intakes will run your engine too lean, causing damage and missing optimal gains. MR technology is the most superior technology on the market!
- IS Series - The IS series is a more traditional approach great for significant gains by fully allowing your engine to breath. The colder and denser the air, the more power to the cylinder heads, which means more horsepower and torque to your wheels. Don't be caught on the track with your factory airbox! Get the best on the market! 6061 T-6 Aluminum Alloy
- RD Series - The RD series is a line of racing intakes, all of which are placed behind the front bumper to provide the coldest and densest air. The RD series provides maximum air flow and is a must have for any serious racer. The RD series intakes absolutely maximize mid-range power, and are a must have!
- EIS Series - EIS is Injen's answer to European models. Very similar to the IS and RD series in concept. Finally, there are premium options available for European imports!
- Power Flow - Injen now offers performance tuning for trucks, SUV's, and muscle cars. Much like the SP series, all Power Flow intakes are manufactured using dyno-proven MR Technology, which give them a superior advantage in TQ and HP gains. Some applications can provide 30HP! What's the use in having that 6L engine if it can't breathe? If you're series about truck, SUV, or muscle car performance Power Flow will exceed your rigorous standards.
Most Injen intakes are CARB approved. Most intakes are also available in a polished or black powder coat finish. A polished look will draw attention to your performance piece, while a black powder coat with give your engine compartment a mean stealth look. Simply inquire!